Saturday, August 21, 2010

Be 'In the early morning rain....."

Early Saturday morning and it is raining out. I have to take the dog outside regardless and once bundled up in boots and umbrella, it wasn't so bad outside early in the dark!
Glad the pictures arrived safely. In my opinion ( how do you do that Patty " imho") there was fun abounding no matter where I was on my holidays and the pictures are my memory of a good time had by all. I also think that we are all too critical of seeing pictures of ourselves - I certainly am and shutter at the sight of myself having thought at the time that I looked and felt "not too bad". But regardless of the reason, anytime you can go and buy some new duds is good for the soul. I still look at the cloths in Recycled Resources where we go everytime we are in North Bay. Before my trip I was planning my wardrobe to take, and now I just look thinking maybe I could get something for my lunch out with the girls, but always realize I have a cupboard full of cloths from which to choose back here at home.
We were up early on Friday morning and up to North Bay to the Twiggs Coffee House by 6 am to take part in the last morning of the two announcers on the radio that we listen to every morning. They are moving back to Edmonton with a job offer they accepted after six years in North Bay - they are a married couple who did the morning show together which was a trial at first, but that worked very well. They had entertainment, and people coming and going with tributes. Harry used to call up for the contests on the radio and always had fun teasing them. People came with gifts and cards and it was a fun time - we had our breakfast there and of course a few delicious coffees.
Then we had to go over to the Insurance company for an appt at 9 am to arrange for Mike's car insurance for him. He is in the bush these two weeks and not able to do much in the way of arranging. He will now be able to get his car on Sat Aug 28 as hoped with all the necessary paper work in place, and only needs to meet at 9 am that morning to sign off.
Then we came home and cleaned out the eaves and trimmed some of the trees overhanging the eaves - good timing I guess as it is now raining.
And today.... who knows - with the rain it may change things - I was supposed to pick crabapples but may instead tidy up inside uugggh.. Anyway, I did not have a ticket for the lottery last night so no point in checking numbers.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment