Saturday, August 28, 2010

Be - the new car...

Well, Mike has his new car. It is a beauty - dark grey metallic Impala and drives nicely. He looks good at the wheel and says he feels so comfortable. He will be driving the "boys" back to Petawawa on Sunday night. His married best friend who is stationed in Pet came back with him for the weekend so he had company plus a licenced driver to sit shotgun. Mike only has his G1 ( beginners in Ontario) so needs a licenced driver at his side when he drives. Should be able to take his drivers test in Dec and then can drive on his own. It was so good to see him this weekend - we have not actually seen him much all summer as we go up to check his place when he is not there and on weekendsa when he was able to come home, he got a ride with his buddy so we never actually layed eyes on him. ( as a Mommy it really means touch and kiss!!) Friday is his graduation ceremony in Petawawa so Harry and I will drive there to be at the grad and again as a Mommy I shall be very proud of his accomplishments and probably cry a few tears! This will mean an immediate promotion to Master Corporal and for Mike an achievement he has worked hard for.
I worked in the yard all afternoon while Harry made juice from apples - now it is soon time to make some supper as soon as I have the kitchen back- I have still a bit of a cold lingering - the Cold FX seems to be keeping it from full blown sniffles and runny nose but I can still feel it lingering a bit. I expect I will have to do some laundry tomorrow - I have being avoiding it all week but suddenly the laundry hamper is overflowing - I wonder why? And the table is covered with ripening tomatoes. Cathy, I looked in the grocery flyers today to plan for shopping on Tuesday - you can buy a big can of tomatoes for 88 cents - and I wonder why we ever do what we do??? And next week we are going cranberry picking in the marsh. Oh boy...
Anyway, after supper it is a nice bath and listen to Randy Bachman on the radio. I have already had two glasses of wine....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment