Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Out of control

Pati here, eagerly calling up the blog more than once aday to see if anyone has been here. It's just so great that we're talking more than ever.

Off to the doctor yesterday, who tells me that my knee is healing nicely and that my heart is okay--according to the stress test--but I didn't stay very long at the test and why aren't I in better shape? Arg-h-h-h! So I don't need any more antibiotics, but the results from the diuretic are so good that it looks like I need to take that regularly. Well, I would rather do that than wear elastic stockings all day every day. So David and I head off to the pharmacy actively discussing how are we going to pay for 100pills three days before our pensions come in. (After all, I spent all of our money on new clothes--and worth every penny!) So we offered the pharmacist our card and he says"that'll be $15.47. We paid cash, and laughed our way out of the store--what a relief. Speaking of new clothes, I wore an outfit for the first time yesterday. We stopped at the bakery on the way home and the clerk complimented me on my shirt. That's never happened before!

Windy, windy weather again. No bicycle rides but I'm able to keep the doors and windows open, and still breathe. I've been doing some painting and actually tried to dry it out doors. Big mistake! I ended up weighting it down with rocks--and the corners still blew up. I have lots of "donkey work" to do, but have this amazing idea of how to make the Acceptance portion of my Serenity pent-ych ( is there such a word?) Decisions! Decisions! In any case, it looks like another day inthe basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment