Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why am I focussed on food??

Probably because we just had such a good lunch! Pickeral, Fresh corn and home made fries. I am so full. Curtis (from Twilight Colony) left us a box of corn yesterday. He phoned Jim to tell him the corn was on the floor and he had taken a beer in exchange. We had 4 for lunch and I put the rest in the freezer. I got another bag of peppers in the freezer too. I have food questions for the two of you. Beth, do you remember the cucumbers in a creamy sauce we had at Ichiban? You said you had a recipe for them. Could you find it?? And also, the soda biscuit and tomato casserole. I remember the layers of soda biscuits and tomatoes but is there anything else, and how long do you cook it?. Also, do either of you have a tomato sauce recipe using Roma Tomatoes? There, my domestic questions are done. It is cool and rainy here. Puts a "damper" on cutting wood. (ha ha) We are going into town later to pick up some groceries and Jim needs a socket. He has everything but the one he needs for the quad. I picked up a hot air popper on sale yesterday so it is popcorn for supper. If we are even hungry after the lunch we ate. I didn't win the lottery so it is back to work tomorrow. Oh well, there is always next week's draw. It sure sounds like Mike is making something of himself. I still cringe every time I think about his thumb. I don't know how he kept going. You'll have to give him a big hug from me. I even balanced my cheque book today. Too bad I have to go and spend all my money at the store. It would be nice to have a little left over next payday. Thank goodness for overdraft. Time to get the laundry switched over. Last load is in the washer. Have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment