Thursday, August 12, 2010

Be - Fun can be fun after all...

Patty - I viewed your sampler piece and was even able to bring it up close by magnifying it on the computer and followed your every quilting stitch and flow - this is interesting Cathy because this was the drafting that we did at the lake so I sort of knew what Patty had in mind. But what I cannot figure out is how you ever actually get it completed in so little time. Then I had to think about the difference in your life vs mine and finally see how your creativity always takes wing.... and mine stays between the layers of the "fog". Just kidding, I think....
What a thrill for you to see the "girls" in the pool. You told me that they had come over before and had to swim in their dresses - I think that Sam is really quite conservative in his approach isn't he? and I think it is a good way to bring them up - for them to experience another way of life. You and Jim are fortunate to have them as friends, Cathy. Maybe they should have been with us playing in the pool, so I wouldn't have got such a terrible sunburn on my back.
Today went well at Mothers with her company there and I served them a great lunch. Harry had told them that we would be there by nine and so didn't they drive into the yard at exactly nine o'clock!! They are a nice couple and very pleasant - talking with Mother about the olden times and this allowed Mother to participate in the conversation. So it made for a good day for her. She even played her harmonica for them. When we got home at 2 pm, I cut the grass and weeded the rest of the afternoon.
And now to bed. It is good to be reading all the messages going back and forth, and hope we can keep it up - it always boosts my spirits to log on and see an interesting story or two...I won $5.00 on the Ontario 49 Lottery last night so hoping that luck will carry over to the Lotto Max on Friday - it is Friday the Thirteenth so you better both get a lucky ticket.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment