Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pati here--Feeling better

But I guess I should be with all the drugs I'm taking. When I went for the stress test the woman didn't have enough room on her form to list them all. But I've found my ankles again, and the scab is finally off my knee. My left hand hurts as much, if not more, than when I first fell, but I've been trying to sew with it. Maybe Someone is telling me to remember-- " all things in moderation". The weather is awful right now--wind and rain--and forecast for the next few days,--but I can breathe a little easier, and actually slept last night without the air conditioning. All of this makes me think about how our lives and our expectations change over time. I now feel grateful for a good night's sleep and minimal joint pain.

I've now sorted through all of the embroidery books and have them in labelled piles all over the basement. Then I remembered that the ladies from Ravenesque will be coming over for the afternoon on Labour Day. Even if the weather is suitable for us to work outside, I know they will be in the studio at some point. So I have three weeks to tidy the place up and do "something" with the books. I have a suspicion that they expect me to have planned some sort of activity for them. One of the reasons I have enjoyed this group over time is that it has been a group of peers, with no-one expected to be a "leader", but this appears to be changing a bit.

The opportunity came up to sign up for a series of 10 classes in painting with acrylics, and I did. It is for intermediate to advanced students, but I told him I was a"rank" beginner. I also offered to withdraw in favour of a more experienced student who would benefit more from the class, if too many registered. Along with the three more esoteric classes I signed up for with another local artist, and the three "machine Mastery" classes I got with my sewing machine, I think my fall will be quite full. But this is what I had wanted to do with this year.

Beth, it's good to read your posts. Your life, and Cathy's too, sound full, but different. We have each found our niche, even if it doesn't always fit as well as we would like--and wouldn't we be bored if there were no challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment