Monday, August 16, 2010

usual storm path

our vicious winds--four days worth--appear to have now arrived at your house, Beth. Be warned! there is more to come. Nasty, nasty wind to day and only 6 degrees tonight.

Mike must be very excited. A first car is something a young man remembers for a long time. I had never thought about him having to worry about fit, but it makes perfect sense for someone his height.

From the sounds of things with both of you, I should be glad for a small garden and poor crop. We are eating the carrots, more as a treat than a meal. And we shared the peas--allof them--with you Beth. I think you got the two big ones. I can see the beets from the kitchen window. David isn't fond of beets, so I may get to make a meal ( that's one meal) of them a little later in the year. The only thing, other than jelly, that I usually worry about is green beans. I will often buy some at the Farmers' Market and freeze them--just for myself. the neighbour across the back is going to build a large pergola where there is now a sandbox. This will cut off a lot of the sunlight to our garden. So we'llprobably just spread grass seed on it next year. As soon as we save $10,000 (rotflmao) we'll have to do something about replacing the garage floor. This will mean destroying the garden on the south side of the garage, so we're now talking about where we could move the rhubarb, and maybe the iris. So I ask you--how could we possibly handle a larger garden--this one is obviously too much for us.

I've been working in the studio for the past few days, and now my back hurts, so I'm going to have to do an ergonomic analysis of the work area. Nah, --sounds too much like work. I'll raise the work table and go for a massage. Sounds like much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment