Saturday, May 20, 2017

A nicer day today

but still too chilly to sit out to drink my coffee. I'm  quite looking forward to being able to do that, even if I only have a filthy ant covered table to use.  I'm planning on having the exterminator out soon to take care of the ants, and the aphids in my tree, as well. David spent time working in the garden today, and we had our first picking of rhubarb. He stewed it up. but we plan on a couple of batches of Rhubarb Pineapple jam this year.

 We are cautiously optimistic about the Lady Slippers.  David has been weeding, a lot more than other years, and has even provided a little more water than other years.  Now we have found four separate sites, two doing quite well, and two struggling. All through the years we have left them to "thrive on neglect" but we almost lost them a few years ago to drought, and they really have never come back.  I remember the year we had the whole bed full of them, and neighbours were sneaking up the driveway next door to see them.

Otherwise the garden is slowly coming to life.  Fruit is setting in the cherry trees, and the peonies are all now growing like weeds.  There are even a couple of buds on the ones on the South side of the house.  The ones we never see, that are often buried in snow from the neighbour's driveway, in winter. Leaves are sprouting in the front garden, and my little Maple bush looks wonderful.  I'm hoping the rabbit has forgotten it's there.

I spent the day playing with another Shabby Fabric pattern for a "Jelly Tote".  I'm well pleased with the way it turned out, and may use the same proportions when I design one for my self. There are also  a couple of other patterns of theirs on Utube that I want to look at.

Started Phase one of my eating routine today, which means a bed time snack of prunes.  Need I say more? So it's off to bed when I post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment