Monday, May 22, 2017

Contentment?

If you use the words quiet contentment then I would say all is well for the time being, anyway?  And what a treat to see all your accordion pouches - all lined up in a row on your sewing machine. This to me is real contentment. I have the pattern put away and think about what fat quarters I might have but that is extent of my progress. Oh, and I also went onto the Utube to see the Reversible Toto Bag video and printed the pattern. Then I reread your blog and it only said Tote Bag. So back I went and printed pattern for Giant Tote Bag. Which one were you referring to Pati? Not that I will do this anytime soon but for me it is incentive enough to sort of "keep me in the game". 
Rainy days lay ahead as was yesterday rainy, so not too much in outside work accomplished. But the temps are moderate so no worries about frost for awhile.  The Kale is ready to eat - I was just out with Scooby and picked a few leaves to eat right there on the spot - nice and tender and good tasting. I think I will have salad today - I have all the fixings from your recipe Pati.  Some basil is ready too, so I'm thinking that I better get my palette tuned up for lots of salad eating. There are tomatoes already on some plants but too early for anything to eat.  I have been picking asparagus as I make my rounds in the garden and eating it right on the spot as well. There is never enough to pick and make a meal so I tend to graze around the yard and nibble haha! You mentioned rhubarb and I am going to pick some this week here  for eating but have in mind some rhubarb pineapple jam as well. Harry has it in his mind to search out more rhubarb plants to plant in the garden, so towards that end yesterday we traveled about a bit looking for a garden place he spotted on his garage sale trip Saturday. We couldn't find it but I know the search is not up yet. 
In one box of items Harry picked up this weekend was an unopened box of Tarot called The Secret Tarot (Renaissance Symbols of Science, Magic and Myth Reveal the Future) The cards are elaborately decorative, and the book is written in great detail (really great detail) with pages written for each card including reversed interpretations. I have yet to read it but took time to take out cards, and place in a little cotton bag I had. Once I get organized, I have another piece of your silk, Pati, and shall fashion a better bag. This will a fun thing for me to pursue eventually.
Well, maybe time for a toasted bagel and another coffee before the day starts in earnest. Always love this quiet time.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment