Thursday, May 11, 2017

Just sitting and waiting

Today we're supposed to finally have the drawers installed in the kitchen cabinet. so we were up early to make sure the house,and particularly the kitchen are acceptable.  Now we just play the waiting game.

I started to make another little pouch  yesterday.  I had tried to make the little rosette that goes with it--little being the operative word.  I put a quarter next to it, to show the size. I made it out of yellow, as my rick-rack colours wee limited. This meant that I had to find yellow fabric that I could use it with.

Cathy, do you remember the day we bought this fabric? Many years ago at The Silver Thimble. It was a Sunday,and we saw it in the window.  You actually phoned the store owner,and she came down to sell it to me.  I've hoarded it over the years, and don't have much left.  I've always loved it.


Today will be almost a "day of rest", as there is nothing scheduled.  Tomorrow, will be laundry day, and then Saturday, I'm taking a workshop on "Mixed Media".  I've been looking forward to this for a couple of reasons.  The workshops with my art group haven't been that interesting to me this year, so this one will be one of the very few I take.  I've also told them that I won't be working on the workshop committee next year, so the last event is a little bittersweet. I haven't told them that I probably won't be renewing my membership next year, as I'm just not getting what I had hoped from the group. 

However, last night was a meeting of m Fibre Art Divas, my art quilting support group.  What a wonderful and exciting group they are! One lady in particular astounds me.  She has such a creative brain, and is always producing something interesting, despite some challenging living circumstances.  I certainly want to maintain my association with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment