Thursday, May 18, 2017

Made it!

We got my computer back yesterday, and, when asked to fix the broken latch for the battery, they replaced the hard drive.  I had nothing!!  So, we went to Shaw to recover our e-mail, and the fellow took over the computer and found, hidden in some program, a Geek Squad recovery file.  He got us our e-mail, and then gave me some direction on recovering other things, dependent on my being able to set up Google Chrome today.  I spent most of the morning and periodically this afternoon working on it.  Things don't quite look the same, but just about everything is functional.  The biggest problem was in getting onto the blogs, as administrator. I finally managed to change my password just a few minutes ago. I don't think I've used  password since I set the darn things up.  I just hope it works again, next time.  There are a few items that are requiring a password for every use.

Of course, most of the bookmarks for the internet are gone, but I found another hidden file that contains a whole bunch of my other files that I had thought were gone, so I can go back in there and see if any of the bookmarks can be recovered.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and glad to be back with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment