Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Weekend..... No work!

Hmmmmmm.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I know... No work outside the home.  That must be the definition of weekend.  Got  the dishes and the laundry done.  Cleaned the freezers.  Turned the corn on the cob into niblets.  The frozen tomatoes are now on the stove being turned into stewed tomatoes.  I have the cool weather seeds ready to go.  We already have some potatoes in.  Tomorrow will be the peas and lettuce and onion bulbs.  I want to wait on the rest of the potatoes for at least a week or two so that we will have new potatoes spread out a bit over the summer. With Jim hauling potatoes every fall we can get all the whites we want to overwinter.  More that we could ever eat over the winter.  And try not to be too jealous, but, well, tomorrow I am going to clean my oven.   I know it is not fair of me to tease you with all the fun things I am doing, but I just want to brag :)  This morning, at 1:30 I went into the spare room to sleep.  Between Jim and the kittens I not no room at all for myself.  Of course the kittens followed me, but without Jim there was enough room on the bed for all of us.  Then, at 5:30, the woodpecker started drilling on the downspout. You would think that he would have figured out by now that there are no bugs in the metal downspout!!!  We decided on the spur of the moment to buy a ticket on the Neepawa farm and leisure draw.  The early bird draw is tomorrow so we better win the $10,000.00 because that is the only reason I agreed to spend the money. So far, over years, we have won nothing.  So why do I think this year will be different?  On Thursday I was at the legion after work.  I lost my $20 in the machine in very little time.  Bud was next to me. When he asked if I was done with the machine I got up and said yes.  He said.. No, I want you to play $20.00 for me.  Foolishly I agreed.  I won  $465.00 for him. On the machine that had paid me nothing. :(  But, he had done so well all day  ( I would guesstimate over $2000) that he gave me $200 for pushing the buttons for him on his $20.  Hence the purchase of a $100 ticket on the Farm and Leisure Lottery.  My life is so exciting.  I am getting up every few minutes to stir the tomatoes.  There is so much water in them that once they have cooked for a few hours I will leave them overnight and drain them in the morning before I deal with them. And so my life goes on.  And now, because I can, I think I will pour a glass of wine and join Jim outside for a while (But first I will turn own the burners on the 3 stock pots of tomatoes on the stove.  And speaking of stock pots, when we cleaned out the freezers we found about 15 bags of soup stock.  Guess what i will be doing next week.  I love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment