Saturday, May 27, 2017

Just had a surprise

Harry and I were working outside in the yard and the local florist delivery van pulled into the driveway.  Out of the van  he came with a bouquet in his hands and up the driveway with a big smile as I approached him with wonder.  I looked surprised and then he said the names. My face must have shown a bit of disappointment, and he checked the order and said "is this 4 Robert Street?"  No, I had to reply, this is 4 Robertson Court. He had to ask where Robert Street was ( which surprises me as this florist has been in town for years) So I directed him to the other side of town and off he went with the flowers. Here I thought you folks must have collected and sent me some flowers just for the hell of it! haha!
So on with the day and with a little chuckle to enjoy!  Take care
ps In Metro yesterday I was shopping around with the cart. As I enter the store I always put my bag full of shopping bags underneath the cart on the rack. Fits nice and I've never had any trouble.  When we got to the checkout, I looked for the bags to give to Harry. None. I asked Harry if he had the bags and he shook his head No.  I was dumbfounded. So I bought two more new bags at 99 cents each. Harry took the groceries out to the car as I walked all around the store up and down every aisle and I must say, as well, looking in other people's carts to see if I could spot my bags. They are not easily hidden so I thought sure I would see them laying in an aisle. No luck and out I went feeling really awful. Still thinking about it this morning, I called the Store and inquired. Guess what! They have them behind the Customer Service desk! So on Tuesday, I shall be able to retrieve my lost bags. The thing of this is, and quoting Pati who so often refers to "that crazy old woman", I think that I am possessed as well. Pati, did you send her my way to be rid of her? Too many situations like in nature to this, are happening to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment