Monday, May 22, 2017

Busy Sisters

My first time on the computer since last week and so much to read!  Beth, I am so sorry to hear about Scoobie's illness.  They are our family, aren't they.  It has been very cool here.  Low teens for the highs and single digit nights. Unfortunately some of the nightimes had minus signs. The bleeding heard took quite a beating and the potatoes, that were just poking out of the ground frose.  I sure hope they come back again.  the only flowers blooming are the irises.  None of my herbs seem to be back, except, I think I found some chives.  There is no frost in the forecast for the near future so I think we are okay for now on.  I had rhubarb. It got to be about 5 inches long and went to seed.  There are some pieces I am going to salvage but it gets so bitter when it bolts like that.  Our lawn mower is still out in an attempt to fix it.  Jim has twice asked to borrow the neighbours mower and both times Carrie came over and mowed the lawn for him.  Good neighbours. I think today might be the one day of my holidays that I take to relax and read.  The forecast is cool, cloudy and windy (when will that wind ever stop!!!)  I either wash windows and floors, and clean the bathroom or I read.  Tough choice.  Jim was sick last night and is not feeling good today.  There is still that flu going around so maybe it is his turn.  I stayed upstairs and had a bagel for breakfast. Didn't even ask if he wanted anything except tea.  Poor baby :(  I think I will now play a game of candy crush.  very important work.

No comments:

Post a Comment