Friday, May 12, 2017

Drugs and pain

Cathy, I've spent a lot of time talking to people and researching OTC pain killers (I wonder why?)  I stopped even considering Ibuprofen several years ago, when I discovered that it can not only affect the liver, but can cause serious kidney damage, especially for someone like me, who takes diuretics. Those I've spoken to ( healthcare personnel during my hospital stays, as well as my physician, and two others) say that it is the most dangerous of the OTC pain killers.  Although all of them have some contraindications, everyone I spoke to told me that Tylenol is the least dangerous, as long as you don't exceed the recommended dosage.  Those that get in trouble have usually been taking too much. Do some research and talk to your doctor.  Ibuprofen scares me, although it feels wonderful when you take it.

My old computer packed it in today.  This means no more poker, but I can get onto David's early in the morning, for blogging and e-mail.  I hope the other one comes back soon. As well, my sewing machine, promised for last Wednesday, is still in the shop, and the technician won't be back until late next week.  The old Pfaff is doing a great job, and I've done a heck of a lot of FMQ'g on it over the years, but I bought the Janome for it's wide harp, and I would prefer to wait, before doing any more FMQ'g.  All of which leaves me with nothing to do this evening except feel sorry for myself, which is just stupid in the grand scheme of things.  The piece I've been procrastinating over the past three months has come together in my mind, so now I can start drafting a pattern.  What a relief.

Every thing is ready for my workshop tomorrow.  This may just be the best thing to get me into a better frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment