Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Got my grocery bags back

What a hoot. We went to Huntsville yesterday and into Metro I went asking for my bags. The lady approached me and when I said my name she smiled and said Oh yes they put them back here and I followed to a small office - my name on a note taped on the bags. Another mystery solved as I got them back but still don't understand their disappearance. This time I placed them inside the cart so that I would avoid a repeat, haha ! 
The rest of the day was spent in the yard. Gradually getting tomatoes into pots but this takes digging into the large compost box at the back of the yard to retrieve compost soil to put in bottom of the big pots. Can you believe that the centre of the pile of compost is still frozen. Gave away some more tomatoes as well - a couple who came last year drove up to enquire if we were giving any away again. Last year Harry put a notice on community bulletin board at the Post office but this year we did not. We got a few "undesirables" from last years offer so didn't want to go through that again. This lady was checking the board and saw nothing so they decided to check it out in person. A very nice couple actually and then ended up sitting with us for a while (fighting the black flies furiously). They will be back today to get the balance of the plants as not all could fit into the car trunk.  Also Harry went to a house at the end of our cul de sac to a couple who had stopped one day to admire (from the road) the plants in the greenhouse - at the time we had them inside there. She was surprised that Harry took some plants to her especially since we really did not know them.
But don't worry folks, even with all this giveaway we still plenty for ourselves haha  Only thing really bothering me is a flareup of my poor old arthritic hands. I am in constant pain especially the right hand - from all the extra physical work - as I use my hands for all the digging and planting and weeding. Oh woo is me!
Time for coffee and a bowl of cereal.  Yesterday I made a delicious meal in the slow cooker. Put it on before we left for Huntsville. Harry insisted on buying all these pork chops awhile back - we have so many in the freezer. But he won't eat any so I am coming up with different ways to cook them for myself. I cut them into bite size pieces and floured them and browned them before putting into crock pot with carrot coins and potato chunks and frozen green beans and a gravy mix. They simmered beautifully and I really enjoyed the "stew" I made. Enough for today as well.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment