Friday, May 26, 2017

Acceptance

I have been stressing over my new lifestyle.  While there have been minor ups and downs, I have not really lost any weight since the beginning of March.  I have well and truly plateaued.  Even My doctor has said that all weight losses, such as mine, plateau at some point.  I knew that I was tempting fate by not following the exercise part of the regime, but the doctor has told me "no weight bearing exercises, stick to the pool."  "The pool" is not feasible, so I have just tried to move more, walking and stair climbing, when I can.  Yeah, I know, both of those involve weight bearing, but they're part of life, so I just don't go out of my way to avoid them.

So, instead of making myself feel like a failure, because I'm not a failure, I've accomplished a lot, I'm thinking of accepting what I've gained, accepting the need to maintain a healthier lifestyle, and move on within that new lifestyle. Today was my last executive meeting with my art group, so, in the spirit of acceptance, we went out for supper, to celebrate, and I indulged a bit. Tomorrow I'll have an orange and yogurt for breakfast, and read on in my book, into the maintenance chapter--the one I haven't dared look at yet.  Maybe, in a couple of months, if my maintenance is successful, I'll re-visit, the earlier chapters. Since I appear to have been successful at maintenance for the last three months, there should be no reason, that my plan shouldn't succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment