Monday, May 15, 2017

Routines

I feel lost.  I now have limited computer access.  The sewing tasks I have piled up can't really be done on the old machine. As well, the arthritis has been bad enough that I started on the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug yesterday, and have to avoid any sort of hand work, until the pain settles down. This also means disrupted sleep. Yesterday David watched an "American Pickers" marathon for about 12 hours straight. All of my routines have been disrupted.  I don't know what to do with myself.  Even holding a book can be difficult. The problem of poor sleep, pain, and no potential for diversion is opening both doors and windows to a "blue funk". Gotta watch for that.

I guess identifying the issues, is the first step in dealing with them. guess it's time to start making lists again.

The crazy old woman and her husband tried to cook a chicken yesterday.  They couldn't agree on how long to cook it, as neither of them could remember.  Even after this discussion, they almost forgot to put it in the oven, just squeaking it in under the wire. But since all her routines are screwed, serving supper a few minutes late doesn't mean much anyway.

A meeting this morning about the craft sale I've signed up for in September. This is the one that lead to me doing research on gov't regulations relative to farmers' markets, flea markets, and bake sales.  It'l be interesting to see how much of the information I included in my report, actually reaches the meeting it was intended for. At the same time, I half anticipate a contentious meeting. Ah, the joy of doing volunteer work!

P.S.
Just home from the meeting.  What a surprise!  I was first on the agenda, immediately after introductions.  So I got to inform every one of the results of the my research, and what they will be required to do.  Add to this the fact that the meeting was chaotic, it was hard to hear because of the number of people, all seeming to talk at once, and the physicalset-up. Someone once said of me, that I don't "suffer fools".  I think today was the test.  Maybe I'm just a bitch.  Thank Goodness, the Executive Director was sitting in, and when she saw what was happening, quickly got her copy of my report, and gave it to me to refer to. But I survived, and will now sit down and attempt to draw up a "To Do" list, to help get me settled down and into a better frame of mind.

I will say that the NSAID has kicked in quickly, and my physical function appears to be improving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment