Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Jessica's recital

Last evening was Jessica's dance recital.  She has been studying at a dance school that has opened in Lorette, and takes students from both Lorette and Ile des Chenes. This was a little different than those I've attended with Gillian, but then Gillian's school, RWB,  had a much more traditional focus. Last evening there was still a bit of traditional ballet, but, of course, not at the same level. But you could see in the moves and choreography the preliminary training for the more advanced work. There was a lot of Hip-Hop--a LOT of hip hop!  And I really questioned some of the music-right now I don't care if I never hear any more rap of hip-hop!  A major difference was in the amount of more gymnastic type moves.  I guess they wanted to demonstrate their flexibility.  The whole purpose of  this is to show the parents what their money bought, and lure them back for another year.  I also noticed what I term as a lack of manners within the audience, and wondered if this represented a general breakdown in courtesy, or if it was because everyone knew everyone else, and there were a lot of small children present.

After we got home, we found that Amber had e-mailed us pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment