Monday, May 22, 2017

A somewhat productive day

It's been chilly and windy and rainy--not conducive to outside work, so we've spent the day puttering.  I'm still trying to use up the 2 1/2" fabric strips I bought a few years ago.  They call it a "jelly roll", and the tote pattern I've used, Beth, is for the "Jelly tote".  I've also put aside the pattern and fabric, more of the darn "jelly roll", for the "reversible Jelly tote".  Then I looked at what was left over, and realized that the strips had been cut shorter for a project I did some time ago. So I sewed almost all of them side-by-side, put a 4" border around it and called it done.  Another pieced top ready for quilting.  I'll finish it and take it to the craft sale at the end of September.  Maybe I can get  a few bucks for it, and if not, off it goes to the charity.

Feeling sort of "blah" most of the day, I spent some time playing Candy Crush, too.  Before my computer died, I was up to about level 480, but, of course, lost everything, and had to download and start over when the computer came back. Playing periodically over the past four days, I've made it up to level 43 again. What a surprise this morning when, just as I had completed another level, I got a notice saying that I had won the 1st prize for collecting spaceship bonuses!  I got about 8 boosters.  Do you have "Larry and his spaceship" on your game Cathy?  I did notice that the game adjusts to the players skill, so I'm back to some more difficult tasks, even if the level number is low.

Tomorrow my big sewing machine comes back.  I've tidied away the smaller machine and got the area ready.  This means no more fooling around, and back to serious stuff. so I'll send the evening playing poker, and maybe reading a bit.  Anything to take my mind off food.

No comments:

Post a Comment