Monday, May 8, 2017

Food Diary

This week I must log in the Food Diary for 7 days - this is not really easy when our habits are not regular, nor our eating choices. But I do my best to fill in what I can., and as correctly as I can.
Snow all day, nothing to stick around but because temps hovered around zero, the precipitation came in form of white little flakes.
Our plants are really going to ratshit. Nothing we can do.
We drove up to the Nursery place in Trout Creek and Harry bought two big bags of lettuce ( hydroponics) and two hanging baskets of strawberries. Since he bought a bundle of leeks at the store the other day - we have been having fried breaded leeks, and tomorrow I shall make leek cream soup, and then I shall make leek potato pancakes. Hope I can actually get rid of the leeks as we have a pile of lettuce to get through now. Lots of fun! 
Tonight and Tuesday night the temps are below zero and then things change positively for the week that is left. Maybe it will improve my outlook a bit - a bit of sun and warmth can do a lot to cheer one up!  Time to do the Food Diary - then bed to read!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment