Tuesday, May 2, 2017

a day or two reprieve...

Yesterday we took off the tarps and plastic, and soaked sheets from the plants outside, and I turned off the heaters in the greenhouses. The rains were still here but the temp had risen to around 5 or 6 degrees. It rained most of day but warm rains are good for the plants.  We did not take any more plants out of the greenhouses though, because, surprise, it will be near or below zero again by end of week. The sheets were soaked and I did not plan to dry in my dryer so a brain wave hit me - take them to the laundromat and put into the big dryers there. Cost about 16.00 dollars to do them all ( some were a bit damp when I brought them home) There were some little leaves etc scattered on the floor and in the filters that I cleaned up nicely. I wouldn't want to do this all the time but it was a necessary evil this time.  I wondered if they had cameras there watching what I did, but I really had no choice and I left it clean as I could.
I also had to take Scooby back to Vet as things have not improved with her bladder issues and I wonder if anything else is going on? He took two xrays because the first side view showed a curious mass but it did not show on full view. It showed no bladder stones either and that her bowels were not blocked but were empty and her stomach was empty ( she has not being eating either) He also changed the antibiotic so I am hoping she will rally. If not by Thursday, then he will take blood samples to see if anything shows up there. Very costly again, but once you start, you have to continue. Right? 
Today we go to Huntsville (must be Tuesday, is it?) And tomorrow I made an appointment at Bray Motors for oil, maintenance, and to change tires to summer. They store the winter ones there so thank goodness I don't have to bring them home.  I also promised to visit Daisy and her granddaughter Michelle this week for tea - don't know when I can fit that in? Sounds like I'm a social butterfly when in reality, it is just a reflection of my life as it is.
So onwards we go - with coffee in hand I shall check my Daily grand ticket - maybe I'll get the $1000.00 a day prize? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment