Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Out and About

Out for our mid-month shopping, and part  of that was the privilege of physically paying for the work on our roof.  OUCH!

I slept well last night, after a couple of nights of discomfort. I took a Claritin yesterday, prior to the meeting, and I'm coming to believe that this helps with my poor sleeping. So feeling a bit better.  I'm also surprised at how quickly the NSAID kicked in.  I'm able to walk a bit better, and the back pain is mainly gone.  But I have to keep reminding myself that my appetite blossoms with the NSAID.  My new mantra-"I am not hungry, it's just the drugs".

Yesterday, in response to my "To Do" list, I sorted through all 15 of my thread baskets, and culled anything that wasn't high quality thread. These were then colour sorted and bagged, and priced for the quilters' guild garage sale next month.  This job has been at the back of my mind for awhile, and, when I took my machine in for servicing the technician chastised me for the thread I was using. ( I had been trying to use up odds and ends of thread in my charity quilts.) It's not really "bad" thread, and maybe I can get a few bucks for the bags.

Today I'm thinking about sorting through my beads, and sending some of them to the same sale, but that will take a little more thought.

While shopping I found a box of salmon patties that looked good. The ingredients were all acceptable to the rules of my new lifestyle, so I'm trying them for supper tonight. I'm less than 3 pounds from my next goal, but it sure is a b---h getting through those last few pounds. Saturday, I revert back to phase one.  It'd been a pleasant surprise how well I've done in phase 3, so much so, that I'm now convinced that following the pattern is a"good thing".  But at the same time, I'm a little leary (sp?) about combining phase 1 and the NSAIDs.  Wish me luck.

David has been steadily puttering his way through all of the yard work necessary at this time of year.  Now we have big pile of dirty clothes to wash.  Better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment