Saturday, May 27, 2017

Retail Therapy

Since I now accept my size, and don't anticipate any more weight loss, we discussed it, and decided that I needed a new pair of jeans.  We were also driven by the three coupons I've been hoarding since March, of a total of $125.00 off.  The two $50.00 ones, that came last March were on regularly priced stuff, but the $25.00 of was on anything in the store.  The two big ones are up at the end of next week, so that was a consideration.  So off we went, and when the dust settled, I had four pairs of pants and four summer T-shirts, and still have one $50.00 left.  But, the exciting part was that I discovered that I've gone down yet another size in trousers!  This was one reason for buying more than I had anticipated.  The other reason was the prices I got.  A couple of the trousers were 40% off the sale price, and a couple of the T-shits were buy one, get one.  so I got a pair of designer jeans for $35.90, that had an original price of $109.90, and they look go-o-o-d.  More incentive to maintain the gains I've achieved. 

I also had a 50% off one item Micheal's coupon.  I haven't shopped in Michael's in ages, but we did today.  We even found a couple of things I didn't know I needed, until we saw the sale price.

So all together a good day, until you realize that I have $0.07 in my checking account, and had to use plastic money.  The final bonus was at Starbucks where I used free food points to buy us a small treat.

One of the things I went to Micheal's for was  a mixed media sketch book, that I had seen in a flyer.  I've been making my ATC's with watercolour paper out of my watercolour sketch book, and it's just too light weight.  When I saw the other on sale for buy one, get one at 50% off, it seemed like a good idea.  I also picked up a pair of good shears for 50% off, with my coupon. Tomorrow is my ATC luncheon, and the timing was right, as well.

Now off to wash my new clothes, so we can shorten them to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment