Saturday, August 18, 2018

A new day

That knowledge always brings a little hope. 

 David got the sink done.  I think it's more sturdy than the old one ever was, but it's also smaller.  A mixed blessing as that means more room to manoeuver in the laundry area, but we'll have to find out if it's big enough to cope with the size of loads  I sometimes put in the washer.  In any case, I get to wash out the four dye baths I've done over the past couple of days.  I'm trying something new that was suggested by the ladies at my meeting on Wednesday. I'm quite excited about the results I'm getting, but can't be sure until the pieces have been thoroughly washed.  For many years I used a special industrial detergent, but recently heard that Blue Dawn will do the same thing. Love the stuff and never have any any other dish soap around, but I'm not sure that I trust it that far.  Not a problem if I were just thinking of fabric used in art, but anything that I use in a charity quilt, must be colourfast.

No exciting plans for the weekend. David is about to head out to cut the grass, as there is a "garden waste" pick up on Monday.  I prefer to stay upstairs when he's dong that, just to keep a casual eye on him, in case eh has problems--not that he has lately--but better safe etc.  I'm hoping for a little studio time.  I haven't done anything other than purge and the four dye baths I mentioned, in almost a week.  Like any other addict, I'm in withdrawal, but determined not to push it, as being able to return safely to my studio is very, very important to me, right now.

Be safe and be happy, ladies.  After all, we now have something wonderful to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment