Thursday, August 16, 2018

Tired

The meeting went well last evening, most things were sorted out, and the rest taken care of today( I delegated).  Today we drove out to Pinawa, so that I could see the Gallery where I will hang my stuff on Sept 1st.  There were construction delays-- 45 minutes to drive about 1km at 2-3 km/hour, in heavy traffic, most of which appeared to be heavy gravel trucks.  This made the trip, usually about an hour, just under two hours.

Dick and Vivian were busy with appointments, but tried to get to the gallery between appointments, to chat and have coffee with us.  The gallery was pleasant surprise, and I may be able to take more with me than I had thought.  This trip has always been without stops, so I didn't take my diuretic this morning.  However, there is a very new Tim Horton's, on the East side of Beausejour.  This will be a welcome stop whenever I make the trip again. I had stopped at The 59er, near Birds Hill Park, on the way out, after clearing the construction, but we stopped at Tim's on the way home. 

A very strange day atmospherically, not because of weather.  
The smoke from B.C./ Alberta totally obscured the sun, creating the strangest colour sky.  It was almost like low hanging clouds, everywhere, but the most unusual colour I've ever seen.  The man on the radio described it as almost as though everything was seen through a yellow filter.  He also described it as very "creepy", and I have to agree.  I had noticed it when I first got up, and wondered if we were about to have a tornado.  I had heard of a pending tornado causing the sky to turn a yellow/green, but this was really more of yellow/brown,.  As he said--creepy. 

Now to think about bed.  It's early, but just about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment