Monday, August 20, 2018

Leaves of Yellow

The heat and drought has meant that our trees are already turning yellow.  Very depressing.  Not as bad as it must be for the farmers.  Most of the crops are stunted and dry.  There are fields of corn with nothing in them. The canola is too dry to swath.  It just shatters on them.  We got nothing out of our garden this year.  Jim keeps hoping for a cucumber but I think he is out of luck.  Especially since it got down to 2 last night.   We were fortunate that the grasshoppers bypassed us this year, but Jim went to pick up Sam yesterday (4 miles south) and brought back at least 40 of them.  We have also been inundated with tiny insects.  No bigger than an eylash. They cover everything. The table, the house, the chairs, drinks.  Even with a cover they are so small they get into your drinks.  Quite a year.  Patty is on holidays this week, so I am taking my lunch in the office (in case someone comes in) but I am not doing work.  I locked the door and left a back in 10 minutes note on it and walked around the block.  As I came up the street I could see someone on the stairs waiting for me.  Nothing all day and they show up when I slip out.  Elizabeth is here but she has nothing to do with document processing so she can't really help people that have process questions.  We are going to Killarney next Sunday.  Plan on getting there by 9am so that we can spend some time with Chloe.  They are so busy in the summer it is hard to get together.  I personally have done nothing ambitious like creating art or processing the summer's bounty.  But I have read some good books :).  the house is still a mess but what the heck.  With dogs there is no hope of getting it clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment