Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Relaxing Tuesday

Yesterday I got together with a couple of friends.  The hostess lives quite close to me.  Originally another lady had invited us over, but had to cancel at the last minute, so my friend Kathy jumped in rather than disappoint us.  We are all aging, and ended up having a humorous discussion on aging, and exercise programs. The up side is that they have decided to get together again while you are here, Beth, so that they can meet you. I'm quite looking forward to introducing you, so remember to bring those hexies.  Of course, if you forget, I can lend you some.

The whole discussion gave me some food for thought.  The physio was trying to help me with strengthening exercises, because I'm very weak in the upper body, something made worse by my shoulder injury.  Maybe he had a point, and maybe there is incentive for me to continue the exercises he gave me.  I'm certainly aware of research that shows that regular upper body weight training, improves the general health of seniors.  Worth a try.

Yesterday I even had a chance to play in the studio.  With all of the exhibition work out of the way, I can experiment with things that aren't necessarily part of a planned exhibition piece.  To that end, I started cutting motifs out of embossed wall paper, and painting them, with the idea of making them part of very small collages.  This gentle physical work has the potential to keep me busy for awhile, and has me finding my enthusiasm again.  I can't wait to get  back down there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment