Sunday, August 12, 2018

Your weather

I almost hate to be writing about weather again but you folks there are still in the thick of it - setting records in Winnipeg for high temps for heavens sake!  And smoke alerts to add to the mix according to the Neepawa weather. I check every morning to see what is going on there. Please take care and stay in if you can. Here, it has been better - in high 20's to 30 and not so terribly humid. So I can go outside and work without feeling like I'm dragging myself around.
Surprise! My Bailey won first place in his category at the Mutt Show yesterday and won a trophy, a bag of goodies and $20.00. As a first place winner he was also automatically entered in the Best of Show but did not win that as I had expected as there were some very talented dogs on display. It was such a fun afternoon. Poor little guy came home and was zonked right out. And Harry went to the Foodland and bought us a bucket of chicken for supper with the $20.00 ......easy come, easy go!  I will try to send a picture via the email of him at the show if I can. 
Today it is back to work for me - I actually did not get much done yesterday except a batch of tomato juice so I must do the birds and vacuum today, and finish the wash. Ugh!  
The other day I broke off a piece of filling while trying to eat some ribs. I made short ribs in the oven ( not Daddy's recipe)  with just some BBQ sauce over top. They were a bit hard in places and obviously too hard for that poor tooth. I will have to make an appointment to get it fixed as my tongue goes there all the time now to feel the hole - why is that? I was not counting on having to go to the dentist right now ($).   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment