Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Physical woes....

Not easy for me to read your last blog either Pati knowing how much you cherish your abilities to work with fabric and fibers in creating your art, and verbalizing your fears for the future if those abilities fail you. In my day to day work around the yard and house, I, too, have experienced a similar sense of change in me and my body's ability to function and wonder what I can do about it. In my case the intricacies of fine hand work and cutting precisely are not as imperative as yours, but I still find I have to adjust strategies to alleviate my pain or my restrictions of movement just to get the job done. There must be help out there eg with tools, or accessories, to give you a "leg up"? You mentioned investigating such options. So lets do it..... lets see what can be had to help. I am anxious now to follow your journey to resolve and anxious that I shall soon be there with you two, Cathy and Pati to see you first hand and perhaps we can commiserate, or rather strategize, together?
Blooming hot here....when will it end? Just when I think it is getting better ...wham...another heat spell hits us. I cut the grass the other day and I literally had water running down my face and in my eyes. Then sitting down to rest after, it took me awhile (longer than usual) to recover. And watering takes a good two hours each day although I find some solace in this one task. And I find lots to eat as well .... yesterday as I roamed about the entire yard watering with the hose, I gorged on cucumbers, and tomatoes, and strawberries and even a few raspberries. 
I go to the dentist Thursday at 8:30 am to have that filling fixed - never look forward to this although there is a new dentist now in this practise - a younger foreign man who was really quite pleasant in my last examination - I guess I'll find out how he is at filling a tooth.
And my lady friend Daisy is not doing well - last week had a bad fall and the family took her to ER. No broken bones but for the last week has been a bit off. The local Dr did urine tests but the results were negative inspite of her up every hour or tow to urinate. Her granddaughter took her to ER again yesterday and they were doing Ultrasounds, and CT scans and bloodwork. She keeps me updated on the phone ( from the ER last night at 7 pm!) I shall call today and if they are home and up to a visit,(although I do no think they would admit her to hospital,) I shall go over this afternoon. 
And yesterday while we were shopping in the Metro in Huntsville my friend Ruth from across the street called asking me to come over for a coffee - a "girls only" visit probably with her sister ( the one from Holland) and maybe another neighbour but I was not sure who she had in mind! I wish I could have gone but it was not to be!
Time for breakfast and then the day begins...oh, joy and rapture,,,haha! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment