Friday, August 17, 2018

that darn woman in red

Now she's been playing around in the laundry room.  I noticed a bit of a puddle on the floor while doing the laundry.  I had noticed this last time, as well, and mentioned it to David.    So, nothing but off to Rona for a new sink ( the store is closing and there is a sale on.  Don't want to miss that).  We installed the old one when we moved in almost 20 years ago, so maybe it doesn't owe us anything.  Besides, I can no longer get it clean from all the dye and paint that I use in it.  We brought it home, and I suggested that we not worry about replacing the old one today, thinking of the fact that I was only half way through the laundry, and I still had two dye baths "batching" in the old sink.  However, it is in the process of being replaced, and I managed to get what will be the load out of the washer and into the dryer.  Then, we ( the "royal" we) find we need to replace some of the connections to the floor drain. So off to Rona again.  I took a book and waited in the car.  He comes out without the new connections.  Seems that the old one was fine, and all that had to be replaced was the actual piece that is connected to the sink, not the part that connects onto it.  Problem solved.  But the donkey work of setting everything up continues.

The other thing that Woman in Red has done is eat all of my pasta.  I was sure I had several meals carefully put away in the freezer, but not so.  Since I only eat multi-grain pasta, we had to pick up a box of that while we were out. Not easy to find in smaller grocery store, and when you do, take extra money.  Tonight I'm cooking a big pot of multi-grain to freeze where she can't find it, and then more regular stuff for David's supper.  Never a dull moment.  

All I've manged to get done in the studio, other than 4 dye baths, has been more purging.  We took a big bag to the thrift store on our first outing today. This may be necessary, but is always emotional for me.  Very sad to be letting go, but a big relief to have let it go.  Very confusing to my soul, which may be why I a little weepy and short tempered.  Being aware of this, makes it a little easier to control.

No comments:

Post a Comment