Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday morning coming down...

So another weekend almost over and we have had the pleasure of rain. That's OK as I do not have to water. But as I look at your weather and see almost freezing night time temps in Neepawa I wonder what on earth is happening? I really do not want to think about that as there is so much to harvest yet in our yard and the thoughts of the "big cleanup" coming next frightens me, haha!
Not too much exciting around here - I have visited with Daisy and her granddaughter Michelle, and they are planning to return to Toronto today after a few weeks of a less than ideal situation - Daisy is just holding her own but always has a smile and a few laughs when we visit. 
The birds are teasing me now - no babies as yet and it looks like maybe none to come in the immediate future. The first couple have laid eggs but they have not developed and now they are disappearing - I think the mother eats them?? And the second couple have not laid any yet. I am just as pleased as looking after what I do have is a challenge. I find them interesting to watch though - each has it's own personality and I have seen interactions between cage mates that indicate they are playing with each other and I find this pleasing - makes me happy. I also love to hear the bird song and believe me these birds are very vocal.
So on with the day. Hope all is well with you. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment