Thursday, August 2, 2018

Gardens and other disappointments

Our garden is a total failure this year.  And I thought last year was bad.  The only thing that grew was the yellow beans. I dug up one potato plant last night.  It was planted in May.  There were two, ping pong ball sized, potatoes.  I have a few Roma tomatoes ripening, maybe about 12 off of the 12 plants I have.  No peppers.  No cucumbers. No lettuce, swiss chard, carrots, beets or onions.  The green part of the onions is still the same size as when I planted them.  There.  Now I have bitched.  One thing we were fearing at work was when one of the other offices got there hands on titles from Elkhorn Ranch & Resort.  I wrote up a manual to help them.  Too bad no one read it.  What a disaster.  I managed to round up most of them before it was to late and fix them.  Others were already accepted so I had to file documents to redo them.  I was not a happy camper yesterday.  I am sure they are all capable of learning how to do them, but they could have at least asked!!!!  Oooooh!!  A second bitch.   I am on a roll now :).  Saturday is Jim's birthday.  I am pretty sure he will love it if I take him out for Chinese food.  It is also my 20th work anniversary date.  I even got an email from the general manager congratulating me.  I'd feel special but I know he does it for all anniversaries.  A Winnipeg clerk that used to be in Dauphin and worked here a couple of times sent me a really nice email full of clip art of balloons and high fives and congratulations.  A nice surprise.  And now I have a long weekend to look forward to.  Hopefully there will be one cool rainy day that I can work in the house.  It is starting to look pretty scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment