Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Weather and other things

We were pleasantly surprised to get a phone call from Jeremy on Saturday.  I didn’t answer cause I didn’t recognize the number but fortunately he left a message. He and Denise were in Neepawa and stopped in for a visit. The clouds were moving in and then the wind came up. They decided they better leave. Jeremy gave me a call later and said they didn’t even make it to the highway before they had to pull over. We had horizontal rain and hail. We got 3/4 inch in less than 20 minutes. Jim rushed to put the car in the garage before the hail damaged it and then he got stuck there cause the rain and hail were so strong he was scared to come back. It eased a couple of times and he finally made it back. Since it was his birthday we wanted to get to town for supper. Finally everything quit and I headed to the car. I no sooner made it to the garage when it started all over again. This time the hail was about nickel sized. Now I am in the garage and Jim is in the house. Eventually we made it to town for Chinese buffet. What a day. It started when I made him breakfast and burned the bacon and broke the yolk on the eggs. At least supper was good when we finally got there. I am assuming jeremy and Denise made it home cause I got no more messages. I know we wanted rain but not like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment