Thursday, August 9, 2018

Morning coffee

Enjoying my first morning coffee while at the computer. It is a bit cooler out this morning and quite refreshing, but I know it will quickly heat up again before too long once the sun comes up.
Yesterday we ventured to Mike's for a visit - he was calling to see when we would come and it was actually difficult to schedule this week - Harry has Dr appointment today, and Saturday we go to the Sunflower Festival here in Sundridge and have entered Bailey into the Mutt Show. His category to be judged is a face only a Mother could love. There were only six categories and he did not meet the criteria for any of the other five so this one is it..... haha! We entered him only to show participation - the sponsor of this Mutt Show owns the local pet store and he encouraged us to enter to increase interest in the area. He gets samples from his pet food suppliers so we will get a goodie bag regardless for our efforts.
Enjoyed the visit with Mike as usual but it seems so fast - Harry is always anxious to hit the road right after lunch. Mike starts his University on Sept 5 and goes into the U this coming week to buy his texts - I think I am as excited as he is - he just doesn't show it.
Lots of work to get at today - take one day off and it piles up! Its more fruit leathers on the agenda today and I have to do down more tomatoes. The problem is always the conflict of the kitchen use - Harry gets to make his leathers (once I bring all the equipment up) and into the dehydrator, and then I wait to do my thing after. Great fun.
Hope all is well with you folks. My friend Sue sent more gorgeous pictures from her cruise trip along the inward coastal passage to Alaska  - I think she should be back home by next week? Nice to see what the rest of the world is like through others? But then I am coming to Winnipeg so that keeps my spirits up - cannot wait! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment