Monday, August 27, 2018

Yes, and now I have an ear worm

It was a bit of a joke.  I just never thought I would hear the phrase "coming down" on this blog.  I like the song too, and have a difficulty deciding whose version of it I like most.  I've always enjoyed Kris Kristofferson, in any of the roles he plays actor, singer etc., and Johnny Cash was just plain "special".  Hated his version of "Bird on a Wire", though.

Worked myself silly today and yesterday.  I got a phone call asking me for more of the purses I sell through the gift shop in Selkirk.  They reluctantly agreed to wait until next Sunday, when I'm out there.  Good thing, as I didn't have any.  Prior to that, I was leisurely getting everything ready to hang the show in Pinawa on Saturday, and the pieces I'm delivering to Selkirk on Sunday.  Then a flurry of e-mails, and suddenly I'm hanging the show in Pinawa on Thursday.  It's now supper time on Monday, and I've replaced parts of the hanging system for five pieces, finished a sixth piece,  prepared  a final inventory for Pinawa, and have three purses almost ready for hand finishing.  Thank Goodness for pledge month on PBS--there haven't been any of my regular shows on for a couple of weeks.

By 4:00, I was exhausted, but still puttering in the studio.  I started looking around for things to purge.  Liberated a big plastic bin and three small compartmentalized plastic boxes.  Then I started to go through the bookshelf I use for odd stuff.  Oh my, I found some memories.  Things I had kept for emotional reasons, or made by hand and couldn't part with.  I looked through everything, fondled most of them, wallowed in the memories, and put them back on the shelf.  I'm just not ready to part with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment