Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Not an adventure but rather a marathon

We had purposefully delayed a couple of errands over the weekend, with not knowing what might be open and what might not.  So, this morning I had a list of 7 errands we had to run, with a temperature forecast of 30, and a humidex of 34 predicted.  I plotted our route, and off we went, just before 10.00 a.m.  Our last errand, before my visit to Starbucks, was the mall.  We realized I had forgotten to add something to the list, and hurried to get that done, and then both, exhausted succumbed to the lure of the New York Fries kiosk on our way to the door.  So stopped for lunch--and a good lunch it was.

As we left Starbucks--stop #8 at this point,  David remembered that he needed a hair cut.  So off to the little barber shop close to home.  I sat in the car and drank my coffee while the job was done.  But I sure had to keep the car running and the a/c on while I waited!

Once at home I had a volunteer job to do that turned out to be much more than I expected, but I got it done, and could finally head for the studio.  More purging, and some steady hand work, but I did get to watch a tv show while working.  Was trying to do laundry at the same time. Carried a load of laundry upstairs and realized that it was time for supper.  Got another hour of studio work done after supper, and then came upstairs to relax and play a game of poker, but was interrupted by a phone call.

By now it's time for bed.  And how did your day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment