Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I hope that I figured out the problem

I think that the "Woman in Red" has secretly been living in my computer.  It must be that or else my brain is rotting faster than my body, and if that was so, I don't think I would notice it.  I have been juggling contracts and arranging volunteers for three up-coming fibre exhibitions, all at the same time.  As well I have three exhibitions hanging on the first September weekend.  I am involved to a greater or lesser degree in all  three of them, and have been quite worried about how my physical endurance is going to keep up.  Now a good friend is trying to organize a fabric marbling day on August 30.   I so-o-o want to go, but know for sure I can't manage 4 days in a row of intense activity. 

And about those three exhibitions?  Well I got the contracts mixed up and have spent the last three days organizing volunteers for the hanging on August 31st, followed by a reception complete with Artists' Talks on Sep 7th.  After contacting everyone and sorting things out I realized that the volunteers aren't needed until September of 2019.

I was in tears right after supper, but then had to go out to a meeting, where I had to apologize to all of my volunteers and explain why they suddenly weren't needed for over a year.

Now, I would never have made such a mess of everything.  It must have been someone else, and I can only think of one person to blame--the Lady  in Red.

Who ever is to blame, I came home from the meeting and poured a big glass of wine, only because there was no B&B in the house.  That would have been so much more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment