Sunday, August 26, 2018

May I ask----

Coming down from what?

We have developed quite daily routine.  Everyday, after reading the paper, one of the first things we do is turn on our computers, firstly to get free chips on Poker Stars and then to check the blog, and finally to play Candy Crush.  This morning, I played Candy Crush for almost two hours, and this isn't necessarily an isolated event.  David can play for an hour or more.  This routine happens every morning.  Every day when you first sign in, you receive a free booster, and unlimited play, for a limited period of time.  The boosters  used to increase in value for every consecutive day you sign in.  It's been awhile since I missed a day, so I don't know if that's still the case.  If you do miss, you go back and start over.  I haven't missed a day since my computer crashed last spring.  At some point while we play, we eat breakfast, and maybe, get dressed.  It can be after 11:00 before we actually start our day.  I'm betting that Beth won't want to sit, and watch me play Candy Crush for two hours.  I guess these routines are just one way of putting in time--not necessarily a good thing, even at our age.  Have to think about that one.

The local Starbuck's is closed for renovations, for a week. OMG!  
What to do?  The first couple of days, I got my coffee at Tim's, but it's usually luke warm when I get it.  Not happy about that.  (The lady at Starbuck's told me that coffee is  supposed to be sold at 200 degrees F. Their machines tell them how hot is is.)  So, yesterday, I went to the Starbuck's at Henderson and McLeod.  I ordered my usual--a Venti De-caf Espresso Pour-Over.  Took a few minutes to drink it while reading my book, and started to get  a head ache, from the noisy  environment, I thought, so headed home.  I soon realized that I was in  some sort of  allergic response--not life threatening, but debilitating.  I made it home in one piece, went to bed and slept like a rock for over an hour.  I still had a headache for the next 6 hours, even with Tylenol.  I fully believe that she made my drink with regular espresso rather than de-caf.  Most of the time, I can handle a small amount of caffeine, and devote that to my one daily Dr. Pepper, but my allergy is cumulative, so I must now avoid caffeine for four or five days, until it is thoroughly out of my system, and then slowly build up that minimal tolerance again.  Not a happy camper.

Very little going on in the studio.  Still having shoulder problems.  I must be compensating with my right shoulder, as that one is hurting a  bit too, now.  I have finished beading the one piece that I based on a piece of very dark blue fabric that had been painted and then over dyed.  But, now I have to find a piece to bind it and back it. This means dyeing a piece to match that very dark blue.  I tried two pieces of fabric yesterday, which came out a very pretty blue grey, but not the dark I want.  I had mixed a little blue dye with black, which is what I would do if I were using acrylic paint.  For the third piece, I started with  navy and black, but saw that the fabric had a green tinge, early in the process, so added just a tiny bit of red.  The results coming out of the bath were encouraging, and it's now in the washing machine. If it works, I can finish the piece today. Other wise, it will just be a bit more puttering and de-stashing, to pass the time. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment