Friday, August 3, 2018

Long weekend

According to my clock you have 15 minutes Cathy until you can fly out of there haha!  One, two, three ....go!
The thunder is thundering here right now but the sun is shining and there are two or three drops of rain so far. I am NOT watering tonight - let the showers prevail if they come and I'll sort it out in the morning.
The neighbours next door from Holland arrive on Thursday for their annual 6 week vacation.  Today I fashioned some nice signs to go along with the cheap colourful leis we bought at Dollarama to hang on their tree in front of the house. I cut letters out of construction paper and glued them onto bristle board to read WELCOME HOME. Harry just has to put stakes on the back to stick them into the ground on Thursday and I'll take a ladder over and hang the leis then.
I have work to do this weekend including cleaning the bird cages thoroughly which I do every Saturday. So many cucumbers and tomatoes to do something with..... Cathy we were sitting resting outside this afternoon and I said I wished I could wiggle my nose and voila you would have some of them to counter your disaster of a garden you wrote about.  Harry suggested we could send them express next day delivery if we wanted - it would only cost $50 or $60 dollars I expect with no guarantees....(don't panic!) I think you may have to go to the grocery store instead haha!
So I hear more rattling and noise outside so maybe we are going to get the thunderstorm forecast, and the rain is coming down in torrents now ( I guess pumping may be my next job?). 
Here's to a very nice long weekend for all and enjoy whatever you plan but for sure at some time make a cup of tea and think of us others - that way we shall be together. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment