Thursday, August 30, 2018

OMG!

I hadn't heard anything about that, but then I've been out of touch most of the day.  One doesn't think about such things happening in smaller towns, but I guess people are the same everywhere, and the stresses just as bad, even if they take a different form.

We spent most of the day travelling to Pinawa to hang a show in their local art Gallery.  My friend Gail and I, with one other lady, have rented a portion of the gallery for the month of September.  The items I took out were well received, and what I saw of Gail's looked pretty good, as well.  I don't think the third lady will be setting up until Saturday.

When we got home, there was a "Dead Files" marathon on, leading up to the start of the new season in the evening. While I sat and watched, I started sorting painted fabric, looking for something I could use to make more small purses for the gift shop in Selkirk.  They are selling well there, and I keep being asked to bring out more.  I have 6 I can take out Sunday, as promised, but if anymore are needed, I will have to make them.  Unfortunately, my shoulder is giving me so much trouble, that this may not happen.  I did find already painted fabric for about 7 more, and zippers to match, but I think that will be the end of them.  Too bad.  I sort of liked having that little bit of extra money, although I know I never get paid for my time.

Now I'm taking a minute before bed to catch up on e-mail and check the news.  I think that, accompanied by Tylenol, I should sleep well tonght.

No comments:

Post a Comment