Monday, August 6, 2018

Dyeing adventures

Following along with your dyeing Pati on the Mouse Factory blog and feeling your anguish with the posted results. Actually I like the parfait dyes but can see how the fabric -the so called "muslin"- attempts would be disappointing (as you stated darn right "po'd" with it all). 
Another noisy thunderstorm during night which did not produce much rain again - thank goodness I had just watered everything before supper. It seems we are getting worse weather all the time, as is everyone, and expect this may be the new normal. I have been following the news about the tornado disaster in Alonsa and thinking about you Cathy and wonder if you get enough warning about pending severe weather for your area. It sounded as if this came up very quickly?
We are dehydrating crabapple mush into fruit leathers right now. We have trees hanging to the grounds loaded with crabapples this year. One such tree hangs over the fence into the Holland neighbours yard so yesterday Harry cut the branch off completely and then sat at the back taking all the apples off one by one. With these he blended them with honey etc and made the mush to put in the dehydrator. 
I had also cut and cleaned and dehydrated more herbs from the garden. Basil, thyme, oregano and sage this time. The little herb garden I fashioned is the best I have ever made and the herbs are overabundant. More than I can use but gives me an idea of how I can improve for next year perhaps.  I wonder if I can dehydrate cucumbers haha! - there are so many hanging off the vines I cannot keep up with eating them - how many ways can one eat cucumbers?  Speaking of which I better sign off and get my breakfast - cucumber sandwich anyone?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment