Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Weary

The three purses I needed are finished, and I've been spending time doing more purging.  I have bags of embroidery floss, and hand sewing needles, to send to the thrift store, and I have half filled a very large pill bottle with rusty pins and needles, for the garbage.  As I work, I'm embarrassed to  find I'm dealing with dust.  Considering where I'm working and the sort of use the place gets, that really shouldn't be a surprise.  So a bit of cleaning is going on at the same time, as the purge.  I read a quote today but don't remember where.  "Artists aren't messy, they just have ideas laying around everywhere."  A new rule in my house--don't use blue dawn to dampen your cleaning rag.  Maybe the Lady in Red put the idea into my head. There just isn't enough paper towel in the world to clean up all the suds.  Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but never the less, a truth to live by.

One reason for spending so much time in the studio, even though I can't do much in the way of machine work, is that it's been rather cold the last few days.  I know, I know, just a few days ago we were complaining about the heat.  But today, there is no reason to sit outside, and I have ground coffee in the fridge, so no reason to go anywhere.  This morning David suggested that we turn the furnace on, long enough to warm up the house.  I refuse, on principle, to turn the furnace on in August.  That's just wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment