Saturday, August 11, 2018

Not so hot...

Maybe I am just getting used to the hot humid weather, but lately it has not been quite so bad and actually quite liveable and workable! Hope it keeps up like this. Today is the Sunflower Festival - big celebration here in Sundridge. The weather is calling for showers and then a thunderstorm. Not good news for an outdoor event. The main street and waterfront is lined with vendors, and stage music and kids events. And of course the Mutt Show this afternoon at which I am showing our little Bailey. Hope the weather changes to the better.
The neighbours have arrived next door. We all had a long chat over the fence yesterday as we gave them vegetables from our garden, and she gave us a box of specialty chocolates from Holland, and some cookies and an authentic Delft plate which I have placed in the china cabinet to keep it safe. So for the next six weeks I will tend to avoid our back area as much as possible - I have come to really enjoy the privacy we enjoy the rest of the year when they are in Holland haha!  I noticed this reticence of mine last night when I was watering and almost forgot their presence when walking along the fence to get all the tomatoes - there they were resting on their back patio so I quickly tried to avoid eye contact and water the plants. Funny feeling. Next year they both retire and he says their time in Canada will increase - to what degree I do not know yet because they now have two granddaughters back home which seem to be the centre of their life.
I love your latest art piece Pati posted on Mouse Factory. The colours are beautiful and look so nice on the "rusted" background. It must feel good to create a 'fun" piece as you call it, after all the other work of dyeing and purging you have been doing. How will you show this piece - on a hanger or in a frame?
Well, time for breakfast and then get ready for the day. Sometime in between the activities downtown I must clean the bird cages ( my Saturday treat) so do not know how this day will shape up?
Have a nice weekend folks... Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment