Friday, August 17, 2018

Raining

Started to rain in the night - a very welcome relief for the dry conditions. Even if I did water last night I did not mind this as we have been promised rain but none has come until now. I had to go out with an umbrella this morning - the dog refused to move further than the front steps - to move some trays of planted seeds that I had to move into the greenhouse to prevent it from getting drowned. I do not think I made it in time and see that it is drenched - oh well, I'll look at it better in the daylight. 
We have started to pull plants out now and clear ground eg the beans and the peas will be next. Harry is all ready to prepare the beds to plant his garlic which will occur in a week or two.  I've weeded the plots and now he puts more soil and manure before the fresh newly bought bulbs get planted. Then covered with straw for over the winter. The process never seems to end haha!
Pati I am happy to hear that your trip to Pinawa was successful and now you can prepare for your showing with confidence. I watched The Quilt Show most current session last night and saw the tool in action for Die Cutting. I think this is quite an amazing tool but wonder about cutting the different shapes and lengths - would need the specific die to do this so one would have to accumulate several of them? I tried to look up machine on net but did not get too far yet with this search. 
The fires around our area are coming under control and nothing as bad as in BC right now. Still have NO FIRE BANS so no chance of making a fire this year. I actually gathered all my little piles of kindling and sticks with idea of getting rid of them. And to have the skies tainted by smoke as far as Manitoba demonstrates the severity of this years fires and is a bit scary to hear that this is probably the normal now. Perhaps it is a weird sight to see coloured skies such as you described, but it does not bode well for the cause and effects, does it?
Onto my bowl of oats and raisins that I prepared last night and put into the fridge for breakfast. I have not had this dish for awhile so looking forward to this treat. I can still hear some rumbling in the skies so I guess the rain storm is not over yet. That's OK as I would like an "inside day" to putter about. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment