Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Be - call me curlylocks

Yeh, I got my hair curled today and I am very pleased. I have chosen to go to a new hairdresser in town so this is the first permanent I've had by her although I was also very happy with my first haircut just before Christmas.
Now back to cookies -I thought I was the one with brain problems Patty because all of a sudden I was drawing a blank when you posed your question. So, it is Edna's recipe that I use as I just compared the ingredients you listed. My copy is only titled Cookies - Basic Recipe - Mom. I have never cut back on the flour but have found out that what brand of margarine you use can make a difference. Actually my recipe calls for shortening but I most often always use margarine in my baking. Also, the baking time varies from batch to batch so generally I check the progress of cooking closely and err on the side of "softness" when I take them out of oven because they always harden up a bit when cooled. I hope that you can find out what seems to be causing the hard rock cookies - is your stove temperature accurate?
I bought some rubber stamps at the Recycled Resources store on Tuesday. Now I think I got a real deal - three original packaged "Stampin Up" rubber stamps in new condition: 1) On Gossamer Wings set of nine stamps 2)Love It set of six stamps and 3) Bodacious Bouquet set of nine stamps - all for $3.50 !!!! What do you think - was it a good deal? Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I guess I'll have to buy another "how to" book, eh?
Well we are right back into another winter storm with expectations of another 15 to 20 cm of the white stuff today and into tomorrow and then, if you can believe it - RAIN!!! We worked in the greenhouse this afternoon - putting up two new shelves (we went to the dump looking for pieces of wood and after plowing through snow and crap measuring boards I said enough and drove to the Hardware store where Harry bought two 4 ft planks), and transplanting - I mix the soil and haul the water back and forth from the house. We still don't have the second greenhouse up and running yet because of the crazy weather.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment