Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Orthopedic clinic

again today.  Saw the physio ahead of time and she was pleased enough to discharge me.  As before, xrays and the resident interviewed me before the Big Man himself came.  So the we're looking a the xrays and I ask the resident what is that?  He says "Oh that's the displacement where  you broke your clavicle". Funny, no-one's mentioned that before! This explains so many things such as why I can't lie on my left side, why the pain was  just about the level of my bra strap instead of out further toward the actual joint, and why there was a strange jerk whenever I moved certain muscles..  Actually I think the jerk was the first doctor who told me I hadn't broken anything and just had a muscle strain.  And to think I had been worrried at the time about bothering them in emergency when there was really nothing wrong with me.  Anyway, I've been assured that there is good evidence of healing and I can use the arm "as tolerated"  Assholes!

No comments:

Post a Comment