Monday, March 14, 2011

A silly day

We had fun. Spent the day out and about.  Beakfast at McDonald's was awful.  Won't try that again.  Finding the perfect coffee mug is proving difficult.  There are some nice ones out there, but most are much smaller or more shaped like a cup--low and wide at the top.  The low wide ones won't fit into my coffee maker.  I looked at some rather expensive ones and the quality wasn't there.  The rims were rough, for some reason ( lack of quality control?)  I was surprised as they were a good name brand.  I ended up getting two that were only $4.99 each, but with beautiful smooth rims, a good size and the right shape for the coffee maker. However, I will continue my search.  I saw a lovely Royal Albert mug, exactly the right size and shape, but of coure, not okay for dishwasher or microwave--and only $42.00!  Actually I may save my pennies and take another look at that one.  I have a very nice tea mug, that I inherited from David's mother.  It is actually decorated for the Order of the Royal Purple, probably at the factory.  There were two of them and David's sister didn't want them.  The other one is a cheap thing that appears to have paint or decal on it--a home done job.

But--tada--I bought a new purse--bright scarlet.  I don't have any clothes that it will go with other than my black ones.  I keep running into strange/funny men.  We bought the purse at the Bay and the salesman allowed us to dicker with him on price.  Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment