Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stamps

I haven't bought Stampin' Up stamps for years but my memory says the sets are anywhere from $20 to $60 each.  Yeah, you got a bargain.  Amber is involved with scrap bookking and knows much more about it than I do.  I've been to a couple of homeparties.  You should see if you can get yourself invited to one.  If you can located a representative she may know of a party that she can get you into.  Nobody cares who knows who you are-- all they want is numbers and hope you end up buying something. The vendor lady has a project that the group works through one step at a time.  It's usually designed to demonstrate as many of her products as possible.  Since I do my stamping on fabric, I tend to use fabric paint or acrylic paint more often that the stamp pads.  I've also used the embossing stuff they have, but found that much of it is cheaper in Michaels.  And since I use it to make paper /acrylic beads, the source doesn't matter.  The best project I ever got involved in was using the stamps on some natural surface 4"tiles. We stamped them in black and then filled in the colour with felt markers, then sprayed it with a fixative before putting small gel bits on the bottom to turn it into a coaster.  I use mine in the studio all the time to put my drinks on.

I've always used margarine in the cookies.  I tried soft margarine, and they werren't bad, but usually use Parkay--and have for years.  Anyway, we old folk need to fill our time with something, so experimenting with cookies will be our project for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment