Sunday, March 20, 2011

It wasn't in the cards....

We tried, but right from the first game we knew we were down. We only won 2 games and were skunked once. At least we didn't let down our partners. They weren't much better than us. THe 1st and 2nd place winners were only 1 point apart. I'm glad I lost by a lot and not just by one point. The banquet was quite nice on Saturday. The food was better than lunch! They had a shuttle service for participants so I was able to have something to drink, too. I chose wine and it was really nice. The bartender upstairs had wanted plastic wine glasses but they would only buy him small drink glasses, so he was filling them up when you bought wine. Pretty good deal. (and I had more than a couple!) There was a band downstairs and we listened for about an hour. Then when we left, there were 7 of us headed to our hotel at the same time, so we all got very friendly and stuffed ourselves into the van. It was pouring rain when we left Winnipeg but snowing when we got home. We have had quite a bit of snow here since we left. The only bad road on the way home was #5. It was all deep slush. But we made it home and the dogs were both here to greet us. As soon as I opened the car door Chi was trying to climb onto my lap. And she knows she is NOT allowed to get into the car. I guess they were both lonely. Nika didn't eat any of her food. I have tomorrow off work, so I don't have to do anything for the rest of today. I hear a book calling my name.........

No comments:

Post a Comment